Birth and Death Certificates
Certified Copies of birth and death certificates are available through the Baker County Registrar up to six months after the event.
To Order Locally:
- Complete an order form at the Baker County Health Department.
- Office Hours: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday
- Please bring current valid ID or legal representative document.
- $25 for each record.
To Order After 6 Months:
- An order form may be picked up at the Baker County Health Department for births or deaths occurring more than 6 months ago.
- You may also contact the Oregon State Vital Records at:
- You may order a vital record by mail or by going to www.vitalchek.com.
- $25 for the first record; $25 for each additional copy of the same record ordered at the same time. The $25 fee is non-refundable once the search for the record has been completed.
When ordering birth records, please include with your order the full name of the person on the certificate, date and place of birth, parent's full names including the mother's full maiden name and your relationship to the person on the record. By law, only immediate family members or legal representatives may order birth records for another individual.
When ordering death certificates please include with your order the full name of the person on the record and the date and place of the death. For death record orders, include your relationship to the person on the record, or your reason for needing the record.
3330 Pocahontas Road
Baker City, OR 97814
Phone: (541) 523-8211
Fax: (541) 523-8242
Baker County Health Department (BCHD) is available to all, that no individual is excluded from participation, denied benefits, or subject to discrimination on the grounds of race, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion, culture and/or financial status.