Road Department

Right-of-Way Permits

Not sure if you need a permit? Call 541-523-6417 or email us for assistance.

A permit is required whenever an individual, contractor or utility company needs to perform work in the public road right-of-way. For example, a right-of-way permit is required to do construction or repair/improvements for driveway access, installing cattle guards, installing culverts, installation of a utility (water, sewer, power, communications, gas), and storm drain repairs.

The purpose of the permit is to ensure that work conducted in the public right-of-way is done safely and in conformance with established standards. The goal is to protect users of the right-of-way and to protect the public transportation infrastructure.
  • ROW Application (Public)
  • ROW Application (Contractor)
  • Owner Will Maintain Agreement