District Attorney

Victims' Assistance

Our mission is to assist victims of crime by providing them with tools and information regarding Victims' Rights (www.OregonCrimeVictimsRights.info) and assistance in filing for Crime Victims' Compensation (1-800-503-7983 or http://www.doj.state.or.us/victims/compensation.shtml).

VINE: Victim Information and Notification Everyday
VINE will tell you if an offender is in the custody of the Oregon Department of Corrections, Oregon Youth Authority or a county jail and will give you other important custody and/or probation and parole information. VINE will also let you leave a phone number where you want to be called automatically when that offender is released, transferred, or has a change in parole or probation status.

    Call 1-877-OR-4-VINE from a touch-tone and follow the directions.
    -If the offender is in the custody of the agencies listed above, you can leave your phone number to be called when their custody or probation status changes. Enter the phone number where you want to be reached, including area code, followed by the pound (#) key.
    -When VINE asks, make up and enter a four-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) that will be easy for you to remember. VINE will ask for the PIN when it calls you.
    -When VINE calls, listen to the message, then enter your PIN when asked. Entering the PIN lets VINE know that you got the call, and will stop the service from calling you again.

VINE Facts:
    The offender will not know you are registered with VINE.
    If you are not home, VINE will leave a message on an answering machine. If there is no answer, VINE will keep calling back until you enter your PIN code or until 24 hours have passed.
    Since VINE calls automatically when an offender's custody status changes, you may get a call from VINE in the middle of the night.
    Do not leave a phone number with VINE that rings to a switchboard.
    If your telephone system lets you block calls from unknown numbers, your calls fromVINE will be blocked. To receive notification calls from VINE you must disable the blocking feature.
    The Oregon VINE service monitors offenders in the custody of the Oregon Department of Corrections, and/or probation and parole information, Oregon Youth Authority, and all county jails.
    Do not depend only on the VINE service, or any other single program, for your protection. Make VINE part of your safety plan.
    You can leave more than one phone number with VINE. Just call the VINE service again.

Contact Information:

Phone (Direct Line): 541-523-8344
(Toll Free): 1-866-862-7477 FREE
Baker County Victims' Assistance Office
1995 3rd Street, Suite 320
Baker City Or, 97814