In the past we have provided grants for events such as the Crossroads Arts "Senior Swing" Project, the Cornucopia Arts Council Summer Arts Camp, the Haines Historic School Bell Restoration, and The Baker Highland Games Association.
How can I get a grant from BCCC?
Individuals, groups, and organizations are eligible to apply for funds through the Coalition. Proposals need to fall with the goals and priorities for art, humanities, and heritage identified in the Baker County Cultural Plan, written and adopted by the Coalition in 2004.
The Coalition typically funds up to $500.00 per project. The committee is authorized and may grant higher amounts for projects that suit priority strategies of hte Baker County Cultural Plan. The Coalition will not provide continuation or additional funding to the same project in the same calendar year.
Click HERE to download a grant application.
Click HERE to download a grant worksheet.
Criteria for Grants
1. Organization or individual must be based in Baker County.
2. Project should fulfill one of these priorities:
a. Improve cultural resources, both public and private, in Baker County.
b. Preserve a cultural resource or site in Baker County.
c. Enhance cultural opportunity and understanding for citizens of Baker County.
d. Provide opportunities for new forms and expressions of art in Baker County.
3. Grants will be awarded on the basis of community need and positive impact on the Baker County Cultural Plan.
4. There are two grant cycles. Grant applications must be submitted by May 15th and December 15th. Applications delivered or postmarked after the deadline will not be considered until the next grant cycle. Granted funds will be available 30 days after the Coalition meets to award funds.
5. No organization will receive more than one Baker County Cultural Coalition grant in any one calendar year.
6. Grant funds must be expended within one year of the award. Recipients are required to file a grant report following the completion of their project.
Word reader required to view this document.